COTTON ROLLER TOWELS
Hand hygiene is the single most important measure we can take to reduce the burden of healthcare-associated infections. Consequently, proper hand drying is essential to hand hygiene
Wet hands that touch a surface will contaminate a clean surface, or be contaminated by a dirty one, more quickly than properly dried hands.
Therefore, once effectively dried, the risk of re-contamination of hands is hugely reduced.
Some facts about hand hygiene
- Only 5% of people using washrooms wash their hands long enough to kill the germs that cause infections*;
- 33% of people do not use soap due to its drying effect on the skin*;
- 10% of people don't wash their hands at all*.
*Source: Borchgrevink et al. 2013, Journal of Environmental Health
We supply a range of roller towels and dispensers, leaving less hazardous waste on site.
The Health Institute of Hygiene and Microbiology (University of Helsinki) studied the effectiveness of four common hand-drying systems in terms of hand hygiene and here is a summary of their findings;
- Cotton towels remove more bacteria from your hands than warm air dryers.
- Cotton towels have proven more effective in reducing bacteria through the drying process than the two air dryers included in the study;
- Cotton towels eliminate the highest number of bacteria from wet hands;
- The mechanical action of rubbing one´s hands with cotton contributes to the effective removal of bacteria;
- Good hand hygiene involves both washing and drying hands.