A career with Johnsons Workwear can be hugely rewarding. We have the largest network of laundries in the UK and are rated number one in the industry by our customers, for. We deliver millions of garments every week, to customers who trust us to provide the best quality workwear and workplace services.
Our team in Birmingham currently has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced General Manager. A hugely successful plant with a turnover of £9.2m, Birmingham has a team of 118 employees with six managers reporting directly into the General Manager. We need someone to hit the ground running and help to modernise and improve working practices – so it’s a fantastic challenge to take on.
So, what can we offer you?
- The money you can earn is always important, right? Our General Managers receive a great basic package which comes with an opportunity to earn a performance related bonus. You’ll also receive a company car and various incentives throughout the year.
- Our employees stay with us for the great work/life balance. We don’t expect our General Managers to work long or unsociable hours and we discourage work calls and emails outside of contracted working hours. Family time and your well-being comes first and foremost because we want you to be at your best.
- We offer a supportive environment too. You’ll start off with a comprehensive induction and training package and learn about the business within the first few weeks. There’s a lot to take in but we have some great people and teams just waiting to collaborate with you.
- We trust our General Managers with the freedom to manage their own teams. Each site operates within a company framework but with a great deal of autonomy, giving you the chance to make it your own.
On top of this, Johnsons Workwear also offers:
- Sociable working hours
- Employee Assistance Programme
- PAYE scheme
- Pension scheme
- Private healthcare
- Employee reward programme
- Learning and Development opportunities
What we’re looking for
You’ll be experienced in running a plant and managing functions including Production, Transport, Stockroom, Engineering and Customer Service, whilst achieving/exceeding company targets and maintaining full profit and loss responsibility.
Reporting in to the Area Operations Manager, you’ll also work closely with the Head of Regional Sales to ensure all sales opportunities are maximised. Health and Safety and ensuring we adhere to relevant standards is also extremely important, so experience in this area is essential.
We need our people to be passionate about what they do and have a positive mindset, be self-motivated with excellent organisational and communications skills and have a determination for success.
Location: Birmingham, Perry Barr
Salary: £61,152 - £66,019 + bonus
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8am – 5pm
If you’re up for the challenge, we’d like to hear from you! Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.