Due to an exciting internal promotion we are seeking a General Manager for our Manchester processing plant and depot. The role will see you effectively manage the employees and operational functions through Production, Transport, Stockroom, Engineering and Customer Support while achieving/exceeding company targets and maintaining full profit and loss responsibility.
- Proven experience in a senior manager role ideally within a manufacturing or production environment
- Ability to prioritise workload, work to deadlines and work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- IT proficient
About the Role
- Achieve and exceed the agreed profit target
- Ensure the efficient running of all departments - Production, Transport, Stockroom, Engineering and Customer Supportive Services within agreed budgets and legal restrictions
- Ensure that customer avoidable losses are minimised through a continuous review of service levels and management of customer complaints
- Provide operational support to the Regional Sales Manager and Sales Executives to ensure that sales opportunities are maximised
- Assist the Area Operations Manager and Management Accountant in producing plant annual business budget for turnover, profit and operational costs
- Ensure that all Group, Regional and Plant policies and procedures are adhered to at all times and communicated to all staff
- Ensure that line managers and supervisors are effective in their management roles and at all times have the interests of customers, the Company and their staff under consideration Other Ad hoc duties as required.
We offer a range of benefits for this role including
- £55,000 - £65,000 per annum plus bonus
- Monday to Friday hours
- 25 days holiday per year plus Bank Holidays
- Company car or cash alternative
- Private healthcare
- Access to a company Share Save Scheme
- And much more.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org