This is a hand on role predominantly involving a wide range of planned preventative maintenance and break down support. With boiler, pressure and steam operated machinery at the heart of the commercial laundry operation the Plant Engineer is a key player in the team. With a number of wide ranging and varied tasks this a role that would suit an individual who enjoys fresh challenges each day as well as routine engineering mechanical and electrical repair and maintenance tasks. Support in the upkeep of the building and site this is a varied role within a team of a 120 staff mainly in Production and Transport.
- Attend all mechanical, electrical, plant, equipment and building problems
- Carry out safety tests as required
- Open and secure premises as required
- Start up and shut down processing plant, equipment and facilities
- Undertake a programme of planned preventative maintenance ensuring optimum use and minimum downtime
- Other Ad hoc duties as required
Hours between 6am-2.30pm and 8.30am-5pm alternating weekly
Background and training in basic engineering, ideally pressure systems. The ability to adapt to specialised machinery and to build understanding of machinery operation, repair and servicing. To maintain good health and safety practices and to supervise contractor working on our behalf. The ability to maintain records, ensure routine tasks are completed and deal with machine break downs and stoppages. PC literate in basic E-mail and document and excel skills would be an advantage.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org