Managing a team of Supervisors, Team Leaders and Production staff, you will be responsible for the efficient processing of the company’s goods to meet the requirements of our delivery schedules. You will have the responsibility of ensuring that the department meets the requirements of our customers, whilst operating within agreed budgets, using management information effectively to improve the performance of both the department and the plant as a whole.
- The leadership and management of experienced full time staff to ensure full operation of a busy garment laundry production line
- Recruitment, training, development, disciplinary & grievance and welfare of the production team.
- Acting as the Plant duty manager in the absence of the General Manager.
- Utilising the internal PC systems to ensure productivity and service are maintained
- Continues process improvement and department budget management
- General supervisor and prioritization of daily work routines
- Leasing with other plant teams in service, transport, production and administration
- Actively supporting the engineering and stock room teams in operational priorities
- Ensuring Health and safety routines are followed and documented to company guidelines.
- Taking a lead role in improving production processes and productivity
- Cost control of utilities, chemical, wares and wages within the production budgets
- Meeting production quality standards and time deadlines at all times.
- Maintaining and improving garment quality to standard ISO 9001: 2000 / 14001 and local work instruction.
- Playing a key part in the strategic direction of the plant
The Ideal Candidate
- Must have managed a team of at least 20 people in a production environment
- Must be PC literate and able to adapt to in house IT systems
- Ability to accurate record and interpret production data
- Flexibility to meet needs of the business and deal with unplanned issues
- Proven success record in production or manufacturing
- Must have a current car licence and be willing to travel to the occasion UK based meeting or training sessions held though out the UK
- Must have a keen eye for detail in process
To apply please send your CV to email@example.com