To manage the staff and functions of the Engineering Department, ensuring the provision of effective maintenance, repair and servicing of plant, building and equipment and achieve targets.
- Stop operation of any unsafe plant or equipment
- Ensure all mechanical, electrical, plant, equipment and building problems are attended to
- Carry out safety tests as required
- Ensure all mechanical, electrical and steam systems comply with current legislation
- Provide a programme of planned preventative maintenance on all equipment ensuring optimum use and minimum downtime
- Monitor and report on energy levels
- Advise best options for dealing with repairs, new installations and equipment
- Organise the installation and commissioning of all new process equipment
- Liaise with and oversee contractors and ensure their compliance with Company Health and Safety Policy
- Produce plans and reports and keep accurate records where required
- Recruit staff in consultation with the General Manager
- Provide ongoing training for all staff from start of service and throughout their employment and regularly review their training and development
- Other Ad hoc duties as required
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role. Have a proven track record of leading and motivating a team, and expertise in electrical and mechanical engineering will be essential.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org