Senior Payroll Advisor
We're currently seeking a Senior Payroll Advisor for our Fulwood Head Office. The role will be to work alongside our other Senior Payroll Advisor to manage the company’s payroll alongside the company’s external business partner.
- Act as one of two points of contact for the outsourced payroll provider
- Ensure employee’s payroll related information is regularly maintained and up to date
- Process the monthly payroll accurately and on time
- Manage cover for holidays and sickness with the other Payroll Senior
- Liaise with the external payroll processing team for production of payroll output
- Ensure data is received in the right format and in time to complete the payroll to the agreed deadline
- Maintain financial controls and documenting financial procedure
- Liaise with external payroll provider and Finance to arrange any advance payments or deductions
- Ensure all payroll deductions are accurately recorded and paid on time
- Maintain detailed reconciliation of all payroll accounts
- Ensure employee’s pension scheme records are maintained and liaise with Group as & when necessary.
- Provide reports through as required for the HR/Payroll team
- Produce necessary statutory information
- Publish monthly reports
- Support the payroll administrator and allocate workload accordingly
- Keep up to date on payroll legislation and inform the company of any changes which impact the business
- Undertake any ad hoc exercises as and when required
The role is Monday to Friday with an early finish on Fridays.
- Strong working knowledge of statutory payroll calculations & deduction
- Numerate & analytical skills with the ability to solve problem
- Excellent team player & strong communication skills as you will be working across sites
- Experience of working with other functional department
- Strong Excel/Word skills
- Ability to meet deadlines regularly in a timely manner
- Advantageous to have the experience of using ADP’s iHCM product
Who are Johnsons?
We are the UK’s number one Textile Services provider. Providing truly national coverage via an extensive network of 23 local plants and service centres to around 37,500 UK-based customers, we operate in a wide cross section of industries from major blue chip companies to small local businesses. We’re leaders in driving innovation and change in our industry, focusing on our people, the changing needs of our customers, technology and process improvement. We pride ourselves on service and constantly monitor, measure and improve by engaging with customers through our Visits in Person programme, our dedicated account management team and customer satisfaction surveys.
Dedicated to management development, our in-house Academy was created to nurture existing and aspiring managers who have the talent and potential to progress through the company – and many of our employees stay with us for years.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org