Senior Plant Engineer
To effectively manage the staff and functions of the Engineering Department to ensure the provision of effective maintenance, repair & servicing of plant, building & equipment and achieve targets.
- To ensure all mechanical, electrical, plant, equipment and building problems are attended to
- To stop operation of any unsafe plant or equipment
- To carry out safety tests as required
- To ensure all, mechanical, electrical and steam systems comply with current legislation
- To provide a programme of planned preventative maintenance on all equipment ensuring optimum use and minimum downtime
- To monitor and report on energy levels
- To advise best options for dealing with repairs, new installations and equipment
- To organise the installation and commissioning of all new process equipment
- To liaise with and oversee contractors and ensure their compliance with Company H & S Policy
- To produce plans and reports and keep accurate records where required
- To provide ongoing training for all staff from start of service and throughout their employment and regularly review their training and development
- Other Ad hoc duties as required
The role is Monday-Friday with occasional weekend work required.
You would be required to Manage a team of 2 other Engineers.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role. Have a proven track record of leading and motivating a team, and expertise in electrical and mechanical engineering will be essential.
Who are Johnsons Workwear?
Johnsons Workwear, part of Johnson Service Group Plc, is the UK’s number one Textile Services provider. Providing truly national coverage via an extensive network of 23 local plants and service centres to around 37,500 UK-based customers, we operate in a wide cross section of industries from major blue chip companies to small local businesses. We’re leaders in driving innovation and change in our industry, focusing on our people, the changing needs of our customers, technology and process improvement. We pride ourselves on service and constantly monitor, measure and improve by engaging with customers through our Visits in Person programme, our dedicated account management team and customer satisfaction surveys. Dedicated to management development, our in-house Academy was created to nurture existing and aspiring managers who have the talent and potential to progress through the company – and many of our employees stay with us for years.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org