We're currently recruiting a Transport Manager for our Exeter site to effectively manage the staff and functions of the transport department in a way that satisfies both customer and company, fulfils the customer commitment and achieves targets.
- Ensure that all commercial vehicles are maintained and serviced in accordance with FTA regulations, current legislation, and to the manufacturer’s recommendations
- Ensure that the Drivers message pad procedure is operated and maintained to customer service satisfaction levels
- Actively encouraged Drivers to enter into the spirit of all campaigns to achieve added value service sales
- Ensure each day’s items are loaded/unloaded from the vehicles and delivered and returned to customers according to the agreement
- Ensure that the requirements of the Operator’s Licence are adhered to at all times
- Plan routes cost effectively
- Establish and maintain good customer relations and act as liaison between Customer and Company
- Provide on-going training for all drivers from start of service and throughout their employment and regularly review their training and development
- Other Ad hoc duties as required
The hours for the role are Monday to Thursday 07:45 to 16:45 and Friday 07:45 to 15:45.
The ideal candidate will have experience in a similar role. Together with a working understanding of vehicles and vehicle maintenance you will be well organised, have strong financial acumen and knowledge of current transport legislation. An important part of the role will be to create a transport fleet that meets customer’s demanding requirements, and rationalise routes to be most cost effective. You will be pivotal in creating a customer centric transport function and will be able to demonstrate experience in training, mentoring and coaching
Who are Johnsons Workwear?
Johnsons Workwear, part of Johnson Service Group Plc, is the UK’s number one Textile Services provider. Providing truly national coverage via an extensive network of 23 local plants and service centres to around 37,500 UK-based customers, we operate in a wide cross section of industries from major blue chip companies to small local businesses. We’re leaders in driving innovation and change in our industry, focusing on our people, the changing needs of our customers, technology and process improvement. We pride ourselves on service and constantly monitor, measure and improve by engaging with customers through our Visits in Person programme, our dedicated account management team and customer satisfaction surveys.
Dedicated to management development, our in-house Academy was created to nurture existing and aspiring managers who have the talent and potential to progress through the company – and many of our employees stay with us for years.
To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org